The implementation of the program “Interreg-IPA Cross-border Cooperation Programme Bulgaria-Serbia started officially last week at the Ministry of Regional Development and Public Works in Sofia, Bulgaria.
In total 20 subsidy contracts were awarded at the ceremony, and in the next few weeks 11 more contracts will be awarded. The total budget of all 31 contracts is 8 159 278.02 Euro.
The event included more than 40 people at the ceremony, and in the next few weeks 11 more contracts will be awarded
Project proposal “For everyone saved a tree” (FOREST) was approved, and except NIIT Society Inovation Center project includes Forest Research Institute of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences and YMDRAB both from Bulgaria.
The official ceremony for awarding of the subsidy contracts was held on 16 May 2019.
The project aims involvement of young people from both countries in joint activities for practical solution of environmental problems related to conservation and sustainable management of forests and popularization of these activities among other social groups. The project implementation period will be 15 mouths. 8 international youth activities for forest protection will be implemented:
- Seminar for Awareness raising and willingness for cooperation of young people for forest preservation (in Serbia);
- Youth training course on nature protection (in Bulgaria);
- Afforestation campaign (in Serbia);
- Detecting and control of forest pests and diseases (in Bulgaria);
- Mapping, assessing and improving the status of valuable species’ populations (in Bulgaria);
- Creation and exhibitions of herbarium of forest plants in Serbia;
- Creation and exhibitions of herbarium of forest plants in Bulgaria;
- International Conference on the project results (in Bulgaria).
50 youngsters from Niš and Botevgrad municipalities (equal number Serbians and Bulgarians, 13-18 years old) will participate in each activity. In this way 400 youngsters in total from both countries will be involved in the project.
Moreover, a joint Database of project activities’ results will be created and a Long-term Strategy for involvement of young people into activities for nature protection will be developed.
The project is co-funded by EU through the Interreg-IPA CBC Bulgaria–Serbia Programme.
This publication has been produced with the assistance of the European Union through the Interreg-IPA CBC Bulgaria-Serbia Programme, CCI No 2014TC16I5CB007. The contents of this publication are the sole responsibility of NIIT and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Union or the Managing Authority of the Programme.